Our guest house next door is beginning to look a lot like a home. New cabinets have been installed as well as tile. Thanks to generous supporters, we have a brand new refrigerator and stove. I’ve had our workers busy arranging living room furniture and hauling some items from our depot over to the other house. In a few weeks, we’ll receive new sofa, chair, and pillow covers sewed by a dear friend. I can’t wait to hang some beautiful Haitian paintings and give it the “woman’s touch.” Thanks so much to everyone who has helped us get this far.
There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done. Here’s a list of items still on the “to do” list if you’d like to help:
- Hot Water Heater
- End Tables & Lamps for den
- 5 Ceiling fans for kitchen, den, and back porch
- Screens for windows (An important item for the tropics!)
- A ceiling for the closed-in back porch to cover the wooden beams which are exposed under our tin roof
- Tile for the back porch
- Replace the ceiling in the small bedroom with celotex
We have some dear friends who are missionaries here in Haiti that are in need of a place to live. The home they were renting is no longer available. We have offered them the guest house until they know what their future holds. They will move in on January 1. We would be ever so grateful to those who can help us help them have a decent place to stay.